Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Dreaming of a Warm, Sunny Beach

Hello again!
I know it's been a while.  I got a kindle for Christmas and it turned into a portable rock for me to hide under for a while.  More on that later.  Right now I want to share with you a dream of mine.

What I would like, more than anything in the world, is a spot on a lovely, warm, tropical beach.  Surrounded by soft, white sand to dig my toes into, looking out over clear, blue water watching waves with white caps breaking over a reef in the middle distance.  I can see this beach clearly in my mind.  The sky is a beautiful, bright blue, with white puffy clouds.  The kinds of clouds that you can lie back and find shapes in; that look like bunny rabbits that morph into dragons as they travel across the sky.  The sun wraps its warm arms around me in a soothing, gentle embrace that lifts all the stresses and cares from my shoulders.  There are green coconut palms swaying in the breeze behind me, dancing to the rhythm of the ocean and the melody of the sea birds.  Somewhere behind those trees is my little house.  One day I'll invite you inside, but for today I'm sitting on the sand.  It is the most peaceful, calming beach on earth.

Maybe I'll go for a swim in the cool, calm water.  I can feel the buoyant salt water supporting me, gently lifting and lowering me with every swell.  The ocean is so cleansing.  I can feel it washing away the fogginess from my head, the aches from my body, refreshing and revitalizing me.  Each stroke of my arms and kick of my legs awakens my muscles and energizes my soul.  Later, we will eat fresh coconuts, mangoes and papaya from the trees.  We will build sandcastles and collect shells.  I will chase my daughter up the beach and listen to her delighted giggles.  My husband and I will watch the deepening crimsons and golds of the sunset as our baby girl falls asleep beside us.  And we will sleep, with the night breeze and the insects song, knowing that tomorrow we will enjoy another perfectly relaxing, beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment